Members of the Powell Historical Preservation Society went to the New Bethel
School to help with their restoration project. This school was in use from 1915 to 1942, with
two rooms. At the time of closing, it still had all outside facilities.
One histoic group helping with another. This old rock school house
is another of McDonald County's icons to be preserved.